Wednesday, October 12, 2011

where have the days gone?

my word, it's been over a month since i've blogged. forgive me. and since my head/throat/body hurts today - i conducted my first homeschool lessons from the couch today (good stuff.) - this isn't going to be anything to write home about either. :)

we are doing well as far as school is concerned. i had a major meltdown/freakout around week 3 (more to come in a future post), when reality slapped me in the mouth and i realized I REALLY WAS DOING THIS, but since then we've been okay. :) the girls and i are enjoying being together, learning things together, and making memories. we've found some really cool places to hang out and do our schoolwork when we're itching to get out of the house - the library is our fave place - and we have so many cool little coffeehouses, a benefit of living in a little college town, i guess. we've sketched self-portaits, hand-sewn homemade dolls just like laura and mary's in the "little house" series, and we're anxiously awaiting our first big field trip to the Adler Planetarium in Chicago to supplement our astronomy studies.

i often worry whether i'm doing enough, or covering the right subjects, or pushing too hard, or not pushing enough but i have been encouraged by other homeschooling moms that just being with my girls, encouraging their spiritual growth as well as their intellectual growth, and loving on them will always be enough.

well, this is brief but i'm hoping to devote more time to the blog in the near future. and now i'm going to take some more tylenol. :)

love you all,
jen

1 comment:

  1. You are doing it all right!! Remember Psalm 139 - reread it if you don't recall every, glorious word - v.16 especially reminds me as a (homeschooling) mother that as long as I give this journey and these babies (I'm in total denial that they are 4 and 6, lol!) to GOD, the one who knit them together in my womb and who promised that "All the days ordained for me [and the kiddos] were written in your book before one of them came to be."

    They may not be all that the world will want them to be, but I am supremely confident that they will be every bit what God wants them to be. "He who belongs to God hears what God says." You, my friend, belong to God. Praise Him!! And blessings to you. :)

    ReplyDelete